The book progresses from Mocha test suites and Chai assertions to advanced test mocks and stubs with Sinon.JS. The requisite libraries and utilities are introduced with in-depth examples and best practices for integration with your applications. The book guides you through the test planning and implementation processes for your application models, views, routers, and other Backbone.js components.
Backbone.js Testing gives you the tools, examples, and assistance to test your Backbone.js web applications thoroughly, quickly, and with confidence.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and set up a test infrastructure for Backbone applications
- Run, examine, and understand Mocha test reports
- Tour the Chai assertion library API with detailed examples
- Write test suites and specs with the Mocha test framework
- Fake application behavior in tests using Sinon.JS mocks, spies, and fake servers
This book is packed with step-by-step tutorials and instructions in recipe format to help you create test infrastructures and gradually advance your Backbone.js application development and testing skills.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 168 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178216524X
- ISBN-13: 978-1782165248