Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials
Get a jump-start on Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 essentials—with the Essentials!
The new Essentials books from Sybex are beautiful, task-based, full-color Autodesk Official Training Guides that help you get up to speed on Autodesk topics quickly and easily. Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials thoroughly covers the fundamentals of this popular 3D animation effects, and visualization software, teaching you what you need to become quickly productive.
By following the book’s clear explanations, practical tutorials, and step-by-step exercises, you’ll cover all the bases. Topics include modeling, animation, rendering, rigging, compositing, and much more. Whether you’re an aspiring 3D designer or a professional brushing up on the basics, here is the essential grounding you need in 3ds Max 2012.
- Covers Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 fundamentals, so you become quickly productive with the software
- Uses straightforward explanations and real-world, hands-on exercises and tutorials to teach the software’s core features and functions
- Helps you develop the skills you’ll need throughout an animation production pipeline, whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced user brushing up on the basics
- Uses a task-based approach and covers topics such as polygon modeling, materials and mapping, lighting, using mental ray, HDRI images, and more
- This book is an Autodesk Official Training Guide
If you want to get quickly up to speed on 3ds Max, Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Essentials is the place to start.
From the Back Cover
Learn Autodesk 3ds Max Quickly and Easily.
This Autodesk Official Training Guide thoroughly covers the fundamentals of Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 and teaches you everything you need to become quickly productive with the software. By creating a chest of drawers, a bouncing ball, an action character, and other exercises, you’ll learn the essentials of modeling, animating, texturing, and much more. Whether you’re new to 3D or just brushing up on the basics, this is the fast and thorough grounding you need in 3ds Max.
Learn these Autodesk 3ds Max essentials—and more:
- Primitives, polygons, and primary modeling
- Animating objects, both simple and complex
- The basics of organic and character modeling
- Adding color, glow, texture, and other materials
- Bringing characters to life with Character Studio
- Basic lighting concepts and using 3ds Max lights
- Completing your projects with the right rendering
- Understanding mental ray and HDRI
- Practice polygonal modeling
- Learn to apply UV maps
This striking Essentials book features:
- Chapter-opening learning objectives
- Step-by-step tutorials
- Four-color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyond—summaries and additional suggested exercises
- Downloadable exercise files
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118016750
- ISBN-13: 978-1118016756