3D for Graphic Designers
Helping graphic designers expand their 2D skills into the 3D space
The trend in graphic design is towards 3D, with the demand for motion graphics, animation, photorealism, and interactivity rapidly increasing. And with the meteoric rise of iPads, smartphones, and other interactive devices, the design landscape is changing faster than ever.2D digital artists who need a quick and efficient way to join this brave new world will want 3D for Graphic Designers.
Readers get hands-on basic training in working in the 3D space, including product design, industrial design and visualization, modeling, animation, lighting, and rendering all the skills necessary in today’s competitive environment.
- Helps 2D graphic designers gain the skills they need for a competitive job market that increasingly demands the ability to create or work in 3D
- Covers product design, industrial design and visualization, modeling, animation, lighting, and rendering
- Prepares you to create designs for iPads and other interactive mobile devices, as well as for print, Web, broadcast, film, HD, video, and more
- Uses Luxology modo to illustrate 3D concepts, but the author s techniques and insights will help any artist moving into 3D, no matter what software they use
This timely book is just what you need to create compelling and realistic 3D imagery and improve your job skills.
From the Back Cover
Expand Your Creativity from 2D to 3D
As smartphones, tablets, films, interactive games, and other technologies grow more sophisticated, the demand increases for graphic designers who can create in the 3D space. If you’re an experienced 2D designer, 3D for Graphic Designers is the perfect resource to help you take the next step. Focusing on 3D building blocks such as modeling, lighting, rendering, animation, and visualization, this unique book provides hands-on training and detailed coverage of techniques that will help you stay competitive.
While the author uses Luxology modo in the book, you’ll find his basic concepts applicable, no matter which software you use.
The accompanying DVD includes all the files you need to complete the projects in the book, along with some helpful videos to drive home concepts.
- Master 3D terminology, 3D geometry, and other basics
- Make and edit primitives, create objects, and add textures
- Learn basic lighting, environmental lighting, and good lighting rigs
- Model organic, semi-organic, and hard surface objects
- Create architectural interiors and exteriors
- Understand rendering and how to enhance renders with Photoshop
- Add motion, emotion, and drama with animation
- Design and light a simple water bottle, a floorplan model, and more
Learn techniques for modeling, texturing, and rendering
Create high-quality architectural visualization
Use Photoshop to fine-tune finished 3D renders
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118004213
- ISBN-13: 978-1118004210