Xcode 4: Developer Reference
Everything you need to know to design, code, and build amazing appsXcode 4 is Apple’s newest version of the popular development suite for creating bleeding-edge OS X and iOS apps. Written by an experienced developer and Apple-focused journalist, this book not only covers developing for OS X but also for the entire family of iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You’ll explore the newest tools for compiling, debugging, and finding and fixing common code errors so that you can look forward to improved, smooth-running code that is developed more efficiently than ever.
- Takes you step-by-step through the process of developing OS X and iOS applications using Xcode 4
- Examines the benefits of Xcode 4, Apple’s updated, free, object oriented programming environment
- Helps you tame the complex Xcode environment so you can develop amazing apps
This book gets you up to speed on all the remarkable new features and redesigned user interface of Xcode 4 so you can get started creating phenomenal apps today.
From the Back Cover
The ultimate developer’s guide to the Xcode 4 suiteDevelopers, if you want to create killer apps for Apple’s OS X and iOS, you need this practical new introduction to Xcode 4. Xcode 4 is crammed with improvements, sample code, utilities, and helper applications. This book shows you how to tap these programming riches and develop for either platform. Keep things simple and click to build, or explore Xcode’s advanced features and get really creative. Either way, this book shows you how.
- Get familiar with Xcode 4’s streamlined interface and new features
- Create apps with Xcode’s standard templates and learn how to modify them
- Use smart strategies to find help and sample code in the Apple Documentation
- Design and extend stylish new interfaces with Interface Builder
- Explore code snippets, refactoring, and other timesaving features
- Create fast, rock-solid code with Instruments and the Xcode debugger
- Master schemes and provisioning to build apps for testing and for the App Store
Access the latest information on Apple development
Visit www.wileydevreference.com for the latest on tools and techniques for Apple development, as well as supporting code and examples from this book.
- Paperback: 608 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (June 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111800759X
- ISBN-13: 978-1118007594