Working with Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
Set up and manage your own efficient, low-cost network
Get up and running quickly with Windows® Small Business Server 2011 Essentials—and learn how to use this network solution to organize and help protect your business data. This hands-on guide provides extensive walkthroughs and tips to help you successfully deploy, manage, and support your company’s network and applications. All you need is minimal IT knowledge.
Discover how to:
- Plan your network infrastructure as your first, critical step
- Configure and maintain the network to help protect your data
- Create user accounts and connect client computers
- Manage shared server folders and set up permissions
- Install network printers and determine how they’re shared
- Inspect your network’s health with Performance Monitor
- Provide security-enhanced remote access via the web or a VPN
- Troubleshoot problems and be prepared in the event of a system failure
About the Author
Charlie Russel is an information technology consultant, specializing in combined Windows and UNIX networks. He is also a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for Windows Server and Security. Together with Sharon Crawford, Charlie authored the top selling Windows Server 2008 Administrator’s Companion by Microsoft Press as well as the Windows Small Business Server 2008 Administrator’s Companion. Charlie also co-authored the Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Administrator’s Companion.
Sharon Crawford is a veteran writer of computer books. Together with Charlie Russel, Sharon authored the top selling Windows Server 2008 Administrator’s Companion by Microsoft Press as well as the Windows Small Business Server 2008 Administrator’s Companion.
Andrew Edney is a Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server, MCSE, CISSP, MSc, and CEH. He has a wide range of experience in virtually all aspects of Microsoft® computing solutions, and has designed and architected large enterprise solutions for government and private-sector customers. Andrew is the author of Windows Home Server User’s Guide (Apress, 2007) and many other books.
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Microsoft Press (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735656703
- ISBN-13: 978-0735656703