WordPress Plugin Development Cookbook
WordPress is a popular, powerful, and open Content Management System. Learning to extend its core capabilities allows you to unleash its full potential, whether you’re an administrator who cannot find the right extension, or a developer with a great idea to enhance the platform for the community, or a website designer/developer working to fulfill a client’s needs.
“WordPress Plugin Development Cookbook” is the perfect companion for plugin developers, offering easy-to-follow instructions to accomplish tasks that range from basic plugin creation and configuration to advanced customization techniques. Each topic is illustrated through realistic examples showing how it can be applied to solve common problems, followed by explanations of all concepts used.
Create WordPress plugins of varying complexity, from a few lines that change a specific function to complex extensions that provide intricate new capabilities.
“WordPress Plugin Development Cookbook” provides you with tools to create any plugin you can imagine.
What you will learn from this book
- Prepare an efficient development environment
- Create your first plugins using WordPress action and filter hooks
- Add new sections to the administration interface for plugin configuration
- Create new content types using Custom Post Types or Custom Database Tables
- Add new widgets to the WordPress library
- Prepare your plugin to be translated for broad international use
- Get your new creations ready to be shared on the official WordPress site
This is a cookbook with step-by-step instructions and code examples required to learn WordPress plugin development easily.
Who this book is written for
If you are a WordPress user, developer, or a site integrator with basic knowledge of PHP and an interest to create new plugins to address your personal needs, client needs, or share with the community, then this book is for you.
- Paperback: 318 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849517681
- ISBN-13: 978-1849517683