WordPress Multisite Administration
WordPress is an incredibly popular blogging platform. Few people realize that the software behind WordPress.com, which is a standalone WordPress with multisite enabled, is available for free, for anyone to make use of. WordPress Multisite is a special “mode” built into WordPress, which allows you to create a network of multiple websites, all running on a single installation of WordPress.
WordPress Multisite Administration is an easy-to-understand book filled with information, tips, and best practices to help you create and manage a blog network similar to http://wordpress.com/, by using WordPress Multisite.
WordPress Multisite Administration will take you through all the steps necessary to get WordPress Multisite installed and configured on your server. It covers everything from installation and initial configuration to customizations and some helpful troubleshooting tips.
You will also learn how to build your own blog directory that features the authors in your WordPress Multisite network. The blog directory is built by making use of WordPress child themes, an incredibly useful thing to know how to do.
You’ll learn everything you need to know about running and maintaining a WordPress Multisite installation.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a WordPress multisite network, similar to http://wordpress.com/
- Learn theme and plugin activation and management
- Make a custom blog directory featuring network author content
- Secure your WordPress Multisite installation
- Migrate multiple regular WordPress sites into one WordPress Multisite installation
- Tips and best practices for optimization
- Update themes, plugins, and WordPress core
- Create a basic WordPress child theme for the blog directory
- Set up multiple sites on your WordPress multisite network
This is a simple, concise guide with a step-by-step approach, packed with screenshots and examples to set up and manage a network blog using WordPress
Who this book is written for
WordPress Multisite Administration is ideal for anyone wanting to familiarize themselves with WordPress Multisite. You’ll need to know the basics about WordPress, and having at least a broad understanding of HTML, CSS, and PHP will help, but isn’t required.
- Paperback: 106 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783282479
- ISBN-13: 978-1783282470