Windows Server 2012 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook
Automating server tasks allows administrators to repeatedly perform the same, or similar, tasks over and over again. With PowerShell scripts, you can automate server tasks and reduce manual input, allowing you to focus on more important tasks.
Windows Server 2012 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook will show several ways for a Windows administrator to automate and streamline his/her job. Learn how to automate server tasks to ease your day-to-day operations, generate performance and configuration reports, and troubleshoot and resolve critical problems.
Windows Server 2012 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook will introduce you to the advantages of using Windows Server 2012 and PowerShell. Each recipe is a building block that can easily be combined to provide larger and more useful scripts to automate your systems. The recipes are packed with examples and real world experience to make the job of managing and administrating Windows servers easier.
The book begins with automation of common Windows Networking components such as AD, DHCP, DNS, and PKI, managing Hyper-V, and backing up the server environment. By the end of the book you will be able to use PowerShell scripts to automate tasks such as performance monitoring, reporting, analyzing the environment to match best practices, and troubleshooting.
What you will learn from this book
- Streamline routine administration processes
- Automate the implementation of entire AD infrastructures
- Generate automatic reports that highlight unexpected changes in your environment
- Monitor performance and report on system utilization in detailed graphs and analysis
- Create and manage a reliable and redundant Hyper-V environment
- Utilize the Best Practices Analyzer from Microsoft to ensure your environment is configured optimally
- Manage the patch level of your enterprise
- Utilize multiple protocols to share information in a heterogeneous environment
Cookbook with recipes based on real life examples.
Who this book is for
This book is written to assist the daily tasks for systems administrators, engineers, and architects working with Windows Server 2012.
- Paperback: 372 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849689466
- ISBN-13: 978-1849689465