Windows Azure Hybrid Cloud
An essential resource for implementing and managing a cloud infrastructure in Azure
Serving as a critical resource for anyone responsible for strategizing, architecting, implementing or managing a cloud infrastructure, this book helps you understand what is hybrid IT and how it’s applicable (and inevitable) in today’s world of emerging cloud. The team of authors focus on the Microsoft concept of a private/public cloud, deploying a private cloud fabric, deploying services, and building a private cloud, as well as integrating it with Microsoft’s public cloud to create a cross-premises or public cloud.
- Looks at why hybrid IT is important to a business and what benefits a business can expect by adopting hybrid cloud
- Examines a cloud management platform and discusses why it is necessary
- Walks you through the different kinds of solutions for IT problems that may arise
- Places a focus on considerations for ensuring resiliency, availability, and scalability when designing hybrid solutions to prevent system failure and data loss
- Covers optimizing the performance of the hybrid cloud as well as using tools that help you monitor and manage the performance of the hybrid cloud
Windows Azure Hybrid Cloud helps you gain a better understanding of the hybrid IT environments, why those clouds should be implemented, and how they impact business.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. What is Hybrid IT?
Chapter 2. Why Is the Hybrid Cloud Important to My Business?
Chapter 3. Project Planning
Chapter 4. What You Need to Know About Windows Azure As a Platform
Chapter 5. Private Cloud Components and Services That Help to Build Hybrid Clouds
Chapter 6. Hybrid Options in Windows Azure
Chapter 7. Designing for Resiliency and Scalability
Chapter 8. Optimizing for Performance
Chapter 9. Monitoring and Management for Successful Operations
Chapter 10. Final Hybrid Cloud Considerations
- Paperback: 120 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118708679
- ISBN-13: 978-1118708675