Windows 8 XAML Primer
Windows 8 XAML Primer is a fast-paced introduction to XAML for Windows 8 developers who are already proficient C# coders. It introduces you specifically to the world of XAML development for Windows 8 apps in a practical, hands-on way – so you’ll be building apps from the very first pages.
Building on your existing C# knowledge, you’re introduced to XAML from the ground up – what it is, what it does, and why it’s important in Windows 8 development. You’ll quickly learn how to use XAML efficiently within Visual Studio. You’ll find practical coding quickstarts to get your XAML hands-on knowledge up to speed, so you’ll be ready to progress to your more advanced Windows 8 programming projects with ease.
If you’re confident in your .NET coding abilities but the jump to XAML and C# in Windows 8 is giving you pause, then Windows 8 XAML Primer will have you coding Windows 8 projects in its first pages, and you’ll be ready to start your own apps by the time you’re finished.
What you’ll learn
- How to code Windows 8 apps with XAML and C# with your own hands.
- Confidence in using XAML within Visual Studio 2012 efficiently.
- How to databind to both data sources and other elements.
- About the many presentation controls and panels that XAML provides for you, what they do and how to use them to best effect.
- How inbuilt resources such as styles, templates and dictionaries can make your code more fluid, terse, and efficient.
- How to develop storyboards using the Visual State Manager to create and control XAML animations within your user interface.
Who this book is for
This book is for new Windows 8 developers who have experience with C# and now want a firm foundation in XAML as they transition to the new world of Windows 8 app development.
Table of Contents
- Building your first XAML layouts
- Data Binding to data and elements
- Panels for presenting information
- Controls for interacting with users
- Using Resources to speed your development
- Creating Animations and Managing Visual State
- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Apress (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430249110
- ISBN-13: 978-1430249115