Windows 8 App Projects, XAML and C# Edition
Become a leading Windows 8 app developer by using Windows 8 App Projects – XAML and C# Edition to learn techniques, tools, and ideas to create successful, 5-star apps.
Windows 8 App Projects – XAML and C# Edition shows you the nuts and bolts of the Windows 8 development ecosystem. Then, through a series of example driven chapters, you’ll discover how to leverage the platform’s unique features. With each project, you’ll be one step closer to building full-featured, responsive, and well designed apps that feel like they’re a part of the operating system.
Windows 8 App Projects – XAML and C# Edition is a great book for developers that already know their way around the .net framework and want to leverage their existing knowledge into building apps for the new and exciting Windows RT platform and the great touch-first tablet and hybrid devices that accompany Windows 8 to market.
- Learn to build apps for Windows 8 in an example driven way
- Leverage existing skills onto the Windows 8 platform
- Get to know and use the new Modern UI style to make your apps stand out
What you’ll learn
- Start building apps on the new and exciting Windows 8 platform
- Learn how to leverage Windows 8’s unique features
- Build apps that feel fast and fluid and is always connected
- Learn the nuts and bolts of the new Modern UI style
- Prepare your apps for selling on the marketplace
- Pass certification on the first try
Who this book is for
Windows 8 App Projects – XAML and C# Edition is for professional and hobby developers who have an interest in developing and selling applications on the Windows Store. The book is aimed both at developers who want to start creating apps and at developers who are already creating apps on any platform. The book follows a project oriented way of working making it easier to place all subjects in a certain context.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Getting Started
Chapter 3. Building a First Project
Chapter 4. Consuming Data
Chapter 5. Build a Charming Application
Chapter 6. Using Live Tiles
Chapter 7. Notifications
Chapter 8. Building an Adaptable App
Chapter 9. Sensors
Chapter 10. Games
Chapter 11. The Windows Store
- Paperback: 228 pages
- Publisher: Apress (March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430250658
- ISBN-13: 978-1430250654