Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook
Working with a varied set of upcoming technologies is a challenge. Visual Studio 2012 is all about enabling you to develop and manage these consumer-focused and business-focused apps. It provides best-in-class tools that propel developers to create new apps or evolve existing ones, and it enables individuals and teams to deliver continuous value and agility. In conjunction, .NET 4.5 provides expansive capabilities for developers to work on all forms of apps and services, from client to mobile to web to cloud, enabling them to get to the market fast. This book shows you exactly how to do this, and much more. It focuses on giving expertise on upcoming technologies through complete architectural insights of .NET infrastructure and hands on examples.
“Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook” is a step-by-step practical guide that teaches you how to work with new changes on technology under .NET. It provides in-depth analysis and expert advice on various elements of .NET, applying them in code using detailed practical examples. The book provides solutions to common development problems and helps you adapt to the latest technologies and get to grips with modern app development for the .NET 4.5 platform.
This cookbook gets you startedon Visual Studio 2012 IDE and its various tooling capabilities. It provides expert knowledge on .NET infrastructure, internals of assemblies, and a basic introduction of Intermediate language. Common C# concepts and ideas are demonstrated through an example-driven approach.
“Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook” gives you better understanding of overall .NET infrastructure using the latest technology updates, providing a broad guide for a basic developer to become an expert on .NET.
What you will learn from this book
- Basic usage of Visual Studio 2012 IDE and its various components and better utilization of the tool while writing code
- Understand memory management techniques to build better applications
- Understand the .NET infrastructure with in-depth analysis of its internals
- Architect solutions that leverage the full power of .NET language gems, understanding when to use what
- Implement multithreaded / asynchronous applications using recent updates on .NET 4.5 and compare the past approaches
- Create secure ASP.NET web based applications in .NET 4.5 with use of JQuery and HTML5 for rapid application development
- Architect advanced .NET client applications using MVVM with WPF 4.5
- Understand touch sensitive devices and leverage skills to develop multi-touch applications inside Windows 8
This book is written in a cookbook-style format and provides practical, immediately usable task-based recipes that provide solutions to common development problems and help you adapt to the latest .NET technologies.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Visual Studio 2012 and .Net developers who want to gain advanced understanding and sharpen their existing skillsets and adapt to new .NET technologies. Basic understanding of .NET and C# is assumed. The purpose of this book is to give under the hood expertise in .NET and help you to face common problems on latest technologies.
- Paperback: 380 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184968670X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849686709