Visual C# Game Programming for Teens
VISUAL C# GAME PROGRAMMING FOR TEENS teaches teens and other beginners how to create games using C# and Windows Forms (GDI+). A true beginner’s guide, this book covers each essential step for creating your own complete role-playing game, including a character creation screen and a combat system. This book serves as a comprehensive introductory guide for readers who are new to programming or new to programming for games. The reader is shown how to load and draw bitmaps, create sprites, render a game world, keep track of inventory and character stats, and build tools: a level editor, character editor, item editor, monster editor. Every chapter contributes toward a growing game library that is used to improve and add new and more advanced features to the game, and when the student is finished they will have created a complete game.
Table of Contents:
1. So You Want To Be A Hero?
2. Building The Dungeon.
3. Editing The Dungeon.
4. Exploring The Dungeon.
5. Populating The Dungeon.
6. Creating The Player Character.
7. Fighting Monsters, Gaining Experience, and Leveling Up.
8. Creating The Bad Guys.
9. Finding and Picking Up Loot.
10. Managing Your Character’s Inventory.
11. Linking Dungeon Levels Together.
12. Creating the “Spawn Town”.
13. Saving and Loading The Game.
Appendix A: Interlocking Gameplay.
Appendix B: Designing Your Own Dungeon Crawler Game.
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Course Technology PTR (March 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1435458486
- ISBN-13: 978-1435458482