The OS X Mountain Lion Pocket Guide
This low-priced, handy guide is packed with practical guidance for people who want to jump in and start using the OS X Mountain Lion. Written by Jeff Carlson, this essential companion features snappy writing, eye-catching graphics, and a clean design to help readers get the most out of OS X Mountain Lion. Jeff guides readers through Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion, showing you how to:
- Download, set up, and starting using Mountain Lion.
- Manage files with iCloud.
- Swipe, pinch, and scroll: Master Mountain Lion’s Mult-Touch gestures.
- Install applications from the Mac App Store, and stay safe with Gatekeeper.
- Stay in touch: Enjoy video calls with family and friends with FaceTime and chat them up with Messages.
- Don’t miss another email, calendar alert, or friend request with Notification Center.
- Show off your gaming skills through Game Center.
In addition, Jeff offers plenty of tips and tricks for getting the most from Mountain Lion.
Table of Contents
- Meet Mountain Lion
- Set Up Mountain Lion
- Apps, the Dock, and Mission Control
- Master Your Files
- Manage Important Information
- Stay in Touch
- Enjoy Media
- Disks and Networking
- Back Up Your Data
- Keep Your Mac Secure
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press (July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321857135
- ISBN-13: 978-0321857132