Take Control of Messages in Mountain Lion
With this ebook in hand, you’ll discover:
- What is difference between SMS, instant messaging, and iMessage – plus why you’d care.
- How to convert your iChat experience to the brave new world of Messages.
- Why it is that Messages lets you communicate via accounts at five different services (plus Bonjour), and how to figure out which you should use.
- In an iMessage account, how to configure which email address(es) and iPhone phone number(s) should receive messages on your Mac.
- How to use Google Talk with Google two-factor authentication.
- How to send messages – and set your online status – with an eye to etiquette and conventions.
- What an instant-message buddy is, why it’s awkward that iMessage doesn’t have buddies, and how to add buddies, organize buddies, and even delete or block a buddy.
- How to exchange photos, videos, business documents, and other files via Messages.
- The best way to add a spoken conversation or video to a chat, whether through an iMessage/FaceTime chat or an instant-messaging service.
- How to view and control the Mac screen of the person you’re chatting with (or vice-versa).
About the Author
Glenn Fleishman is a technology journalist based in Seattle, where he lives with his wife and two sons, both of whom are adept at accidentally pressing the Power button on his laptop. He’s a contributing editor at TidBITS, responsible for much of their Web and publishing infrastructure; a columnist for the Seattle Times on all things Mac related; and a regular contributor to the Economist, Macworld, and Ars Technica. He appears regularly on his local public radio station, KUOW.
- Paperback: 113 pages
- Publisher: TidBITS Publishing, Inc. (November 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1615424148
- ISBN-13: 978-1615424146