SQL Server 2012 T-SQL Recipes, 3rd Edition
SQL Server 2012 T-SQL Recipes is an example-based guide to the Transact-SQL language that is at the core of SQL Server 2012. It provides ready-to-implement solutions to common programming and database administration tasks. Learn to create databases, insert and update data, generate reports, secure your data, and more. Tasks and their solutions are broken down into a problem/solution format that is quick and easy to read so that you can get the job done fast when the pressure is on.
Solutions in this book are divided into chapters by problem domain. Each chapter is a collection of solutions around a single facet of the language such as writing queries, developing triggers, and applying aggregate functions. Each solution is presented code-first, giving you a working code example to copy from and implement immediately in your own environment. Following each example is an in-depth description of how and why the given solution works. Tradeoffs and alternative approaches are also discussed.
- Focused on solutions: Look up what you need to do. Learn how to do it. Do it.
- Current: Newly updated for SQL Server 2012
- Comprehensive: Covers all common T-SQL problem domains
What you’ll learn
- Create databases, tables, and indexes
- Query and manipulate data
- Store and manage XML inside the database
- Move business logic into the database
- Resolve common performance problems.
- Build reports that matter to your business.
- Perform common backup and recovery tasks.
Who this book is for
SQL Server 2012 T-SQL Recipes is aimed at technically-oriented users of SQL Server desiring to extract the full power of the platform through it’s powerful, built-in programming and scripting language. Target readers include developers who use Microsoft SQL Server 2012 as their back–end database, and the database administrators who create, manage, and secure those databases.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with SELECT
- Elementary Programming
- Nulls and Other Pitfalls
- Combining Data from Multiple Tables
- Grouping and Summarizing
- Advanced SELECT Techniques
- Query Techniques for Reporting
- Inserting, Updating, Deleting
- Working with Strings
- Working with Dates
- Working with Numbers
- Transactions, Locking, Blocking, Deadlocking
- Managing Tables
- Managing Views
- Managing Indexes
- Managing Large Tables
- Stored Procedures
- User-Defined Functions
- Error Handling
- Query Performance
- Index Tuning and Statistics
- Files, Filegroups, and Integrity
- Principals and Users
- Securables and Permissions
- Objects and Dependencies
- Paperback: 808 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 3rd Edition (September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430242000
- ISBN-13: 978-1430242000