SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies
The easy-to-use guide to SMART Board® interactive whiteboards
SMART Board interactive whiteboards—which combine the functionality of a computer with the simplicity of a whiteboard—are rapidly becoming fixtures in classrooms, boardrooms, and lecture halls everywhere. While these high tech devices are transforming the ways we teach and learn, getting the most out of them can be down right intimidating. SMART Board® Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies is here to help, explaining everything users need to know to make the most of their technology.
Covering topics including how to calibrate a SMART Board interactive whiteboard using a computer, navigating software options, creating interactive presentations and lesson plans, incorporating sound and animation, managing content, and using digital ink with the touch of a finger, the book is designed to get your interactive whiteboard up and running in no time.
- Introduces and explains SMART Board interactive whiteboards, computer-based white boards that are becoming widespread in classrooms and boardrooms around the world
- Covers essential topics ranging from setting up a SMART Board interactive whiteboards to managing content
- Provides the tools SMART Board interactive whiteboard users need to make the most of these new devices
The go-to guide for anyone working with SMART Board interactive whiteboards, SMART® Board Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies is designed to make using the chalkboards of the twenty-first century a cinch.
From the Back Cover
Create lessons and presentations that make an impact using your SMART Board interactive whiteboard!
SMART Board interactive whiteboards combine the power and functionality of a computer with the simplicity and versatility of a whiteboard. With your interactive whiteboard, you can write in digital ink using only your fingers, add dynamic content, work on files with remote attendees — with this state-of-the-art technology, the sky’s the limit! This practical guide explains in clear detail how to get up and running with your interactive whiteboard. In straightforward language, we walk you through effective techniques, offer tips, and provide step-by-step instructions on how to get all your hardware and software components working for you. Loaded with everything you need to know to begin building your very own dynamic and interactive lessons and presentations, SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard For Dummies makes using 21st-century presentation tools a cinch.
- Start with the basics — figure out how to understand your hardware components and install your software
- Discover your software options — get the lowdown on SMART Notebook™ collaborative learning software, SMART Meeting Pro™ software, and other SMART software
- Boost your lessons and presentations — wow your audience with sound and interactive elements
- Share your work with remote attendees — see how you can collaborate in real-time
- Get troubleshooting advice — find out how to solve your hardware and software issues
- Get in on the secret — learn our top tricks, hints, and shortcuts for using a SMART Board interactive whiteboard
Open the book and find:
- How to use Bridgit® conferencing software
- Fun ways to keep your audience engaged
- How to schedule meetings with SMART Scheduler Outlook Add-in
- Tips for writing on a shared desktop
- How to share and download content from the SMART Exchange™ website
- Factors to consider when creating an interactive presentation
- How to export and attach files to e-mail
- Create and deliver interactive lessons and presentations
- Incorporate multimedia to capture your audience
- Collaborate on files in real- time with remote attendees
- Save and distribute digital meeting notes
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (September 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118376684
- ISBN-13: 978-1118376683