SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
Plan, design, and launch a brand in SharePoint
If you are planning, designing, and launching your brand using SharePoint, this book and author trio will walk you through everything you need to know in an understandable and approachable way. From specific technologies such as master pages, page layouts, and CSS to offering best-practices and real-world experience for creating successful branding projects through SharePoint 2013, you will learn how to approach your branding project in effective new ways. This visual book provides step-by-step instructions in a simple and striking format that focuses on each of the tasks you will face in your own branding project.
- Explains the various approaches to SharePoint branding and methodologies for creating an engaging UI.
- Guides you through planning for branding and using the Design Manager to start a design.
- Addresses implementing modern web techniques such as HTML5, jQuery, and mobile responsive design into SharePoint.
- Explores creating SharePoint branding for public facing websites as well as internal intranets, including a deep dive into how custom SharePoint branding is created from scratch. Provides coverage on designing apps for SharePoint.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Basics
Chapter 1. What is SharePoint Branding and UI Design?
Chapter 2. SharePoint Overview
Chapter 3. Working with the SharePoint 2013 User Interface
Part 2: Planning a Design and Getting Started
Chapter 4. Planning for Branding
Chapter 5. Using the Design Manager to Start a Design in SharePoint
Chapter 6. Cascading Style Sheets and SharePoint
Part 3: Advanced SharePoint Branding
Chapter 7. Creating Custom Master Pages and Page Layouts
Chapter 8. Advanced SharePoint Branding Tasks
Chapter 9. Creating Content Rollups with SharePoint WCM
Chapter 10. Composed Looks and Custom Branding
Part 4: Other Branding Concepts
Chapter 11. Modern Web Design and SharePoint
Chapter 12. Designing Apps
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118495675
- ISBN-13: 978-1118495674