In short, this book has the step by step approach and extensive content to make a beginner to Sencha Touch into an ace quickly and easily.
Exploit Sencha Touch – a cross-platform library aimed at next generation, touch-enabled devices
What you will learn from this book
- Make use of technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3 to provide native-quality application experiences without the need for plugins
- Create a sample application using Sencha Touch that will run on Apple iOS and Google Android
- Efficiently use the list of components available in Sencha Touch framework libraries such as tab panels, scrollable list views, and toolbars
- Add custom touch events like tap, double tap, swipe, tap and hold, pinch, and rotate
- Discover the rich event communication that is available in every Sencha Touch component, allowing you to quickly respond to your users and create intuitive, native-quality applications
- Completely control the look of your application with Sencha Touch themes and styling options.
- Quickly put together simple components backed by the data package
- Allow your users to store information with forms, or access remote information from other services like Google maps and Flickr
- Learn about web storage features to store data offline, or communicate with online databases for richer storage options.
- Explore expert topics like syncing data and compiling applications for sale on an App store.
This book is a step-by-step tutorial aimed at beginners to Sencha Touch. There is ready sample code explained with essential screenshots for better and quicker understanding.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone who wants to gain the practical knowledge involved in using Sencha Touch mobile web application framework to make attractive web apps for mobiles. If you have some familiarity with HTML and CSS, then this book is for you. This book will give designers the skills they need to implement their ideas, and provides developers with creative inspiration through practical examples. It is assumed that you know how to use touch screens, touch events, WebKit on mobile systems, Apple iOS, and Google Android for Mobiles.
- Paperback: 316 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849515107
- ISBN-13: 978-1849515108