SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 Administrator’s Guide
SAP Master Data Management (SAP MDM) enables information integrity across the business network, in a heterogeneous IT landscape. SAP MDM enables the sharing of harmonized master data, formerly trapped in multiple systems, and ensures cross-system data consistency. This book will guide you through all the aspects of this software making it possible for you to get optimum output.
This book is a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to successfully administer SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1. You will learn to plan and manage master data with SAP NetWeaver MDM. The book highlights best practices and life cycle implementation using MDM and the concepts behind various aspects of SAP MDM administration.
Successfully administer and manage master data with SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1
What you will learn from this book :
- Explore SAP NetWeaver MDM Business Scenarios
- Configure the MDM Console, MDM Server, MDM repository, and the DBMS
- Gain an overview of MDM Servers and repositories
- Create, delete, and modify repository tables and repository fields
- Maintain the integrity of your MDM repositories by backing up and restoring them
- Configure the MDM server and its underlying DBMS using the available options
- Load source data files into repositories using import maps
- Automate the syndication process using the Syndication Server
- Gain an overview of the daily administration tasks
- Perform SAP authorization and administration tasks related to security
- Understand integration of MDM with various SAP NetWeaver components
This book is written in an easy-to-read style, with a strong emphasis on real-world, practical examples with step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is written for
This book will appeal to administrators who are responsible for implementing and managing SAP NetWeaver MDM in their systems. Basic knowledge of MDM is desirable, but not knowledge of SAP NetWeaver MDM. If you are already familiar with NetWeaver it will be easy for you to follow the book.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682143
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682145