SAP ABAP Advanced Cookbook
ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming) is SAP’s proprietary 4th Generation Language (4GL). SAP core is written almost entirely in ABAP.
ABAP is a high level programming language used in SAP for development and other customization processes.
“SAP ABAP Advanced Cookbook” covers advanced SAP programming applications with ABAP. It teaches you to enhance SAP applications by developing custom reports and interfaces with ABAP programming.
This cookbook has quick and advanced real world recipes for programming ABAP.
It begins with the applications of ABAP Objects and ALV tips and tricks. It then covers Design Patterns and Dynamic Programming in detail.
You will also learn the usage of quality improvement tools such as transaction SAT, SQL Trace, and the Code Inspector.
Simple transformations and its application in Excel Downloading will also be discussed, as well as the newest topics of Adobe Interactive Forms and the consumption and creation of Web services. The book comes to an end by covering advanced usage of Web Dynpro for ABAP and the latest advancement in Floorplan Manager.
What will you learn from this book
- Master the advanced features of Web Dynpro programming
- Experience the latest advancements in FloorPlan Manager design
- Learn how to use transaction SAT and secondary internal table indexes for performance improvement
- Explore the world of Simple Transformations and how they solve problems
- Get step-by-step instructions to create and consume Web Services
- Optimize program code and find datasource of fields using SQL Trace
- Get valuable tips and tricks for Smart Forms and Adobe Interactive Forms
This book is written in a simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is written for
If you are an ABAP developer and/or consultant looking forward to building advanced SAP programming applications with ABAP, then this is the best guide for you. Basic knowledge of ABAP programming is required.
- Paperback: 316 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (December 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 184968488X
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684880