Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours, 5th Edition
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll discover how to implement, monitor, and manage a TCP/IP network–even the latest cloud-based and IPv6 networks. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll uncover the essentials of TCP/IP and put that knowledge to work through practical examples. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success. Expert author and network engineer Joe Casad guides you from the basics to advanced techniques—including TCP/IP’s architecture, layers, subnetting, CIDR, routing, security, utilities, remote access, web services, streaming, and much more.
Practical discussions provide an inside look at TCP/IP components and protocols.
Step-by-step instructions walk you through many common tasks.
Q&As at the end of each hour help you test your knowledge.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions and help you steer clear of potential problems.
If you’re looking for a smart, concise introduction to the protocols that power the Internet, start your clock and look inside. Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours is your guide to the secrets of TCP/IP.
Learn how to…
- Understand what TCP/IP is, and how it works
- Discover how IPv6 differs from IPv4, and how to migrate or coexist with IPv6
- Work with TCP/IP’s Network
- Access, Internet, Transport, and Application layers
- Implement flexible addressing with subnetting and CIDR
- Establish efficient and reliable routing
- Implement name resolution
- Secure TCP/IP networks—detect and prevent attacks
- Automatically configure TCP/IP clients and hosts
- Provide classic TCP/IP services and powerful new Web services
- Use TCP/IP in advanced cloud-based environments
- Support efficient media streaming and webcasting
- Capitalize on the benefits of the new HTML5 standard
- Run TCP/IP protocols over wireless networks
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP networks with ping, traceroute, and other tools
- Provide for monitoring and remote access
- Deploy efficient email systems with POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP
- Walk through all facets of implementing a TCP/IP network
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Sams; 5th Edition (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672335719
- ISBN-13: 978-0672335716