Sams Teach Yourself HTML5 Mobile Application Development in 24 Hours
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to build rich, robust mobile apps that run on smartphones, tablets, and other devices and interact with users in powerful new ways. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master leading-edge practical skills you can use whether you’re developing for the iPad/iPhone or Android. Discover how to quickly build new mobile apps and upgrade older apps, provide cutting-edge media content, leverage advanced features ranging from geolocation to the semantic web, and even simplify complex back-end development. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common HTML5 mobile development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did you Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Work with the new HTML5 tags most valuable for mobile development
- Get started fast with HTML5 features already supported by today’s browsers
- Detect mobile devices and HTML5 support and upgrade sites to support them
- Style and build more efficient, usable mobile pages
- Use jQuery Mobile to quickly create mobile apps
- Leverage HTML5’s breakthrough drawing and typography features
- Efficiently integrate media content into your apps
- Add meaning with HTML5 sectioning and semantic elements
- Implement drag-and-drop more easily than ever
- Build offline applications and other apps that use local storage
- Detect and work with location data via the GeoLocation API
- Use microformats and microdata to make web pages friendlier to computers
- Add powerful back-end functionality with WebSockets, Web Workers, and File APIs
- Improve user navigation with the History API
- Paperback: 512 pages
- Publisher: Sams (November 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672334402
- ISBN-13: 978-0672334405