Salesforce CRM: The Definitive Admin Handbook
As an industry-leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application, Salesforce CRM helps the enterprise to improve client relations. It greatly enhances sales performance and provides your business with a robust CRM system. In order to achieve optimum performance from the Salesforce CRM system, there are a lot of things for you as the Salesforce Administrator to tackle. This is the only book which focuses on the administrative aspect of Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce CRM: The Definitive Admin Handbook will give you all the information you need to administer this powerful CRM application. It is the definitive guide to implementing Salesforce CRM. Whether you are looking to enhance the core features or you have already started customizing your Salesforce CRM system and are looking for guidance on advanced features, this book will show you how to get the maximum benefit from this exciting product.
This book provides a practical, step-by-step experience. You will start with the initial user, move on to security setup, and then progress to higher level tasks such as configuration, data management, and data analytics. You will also be presented with ways to improve the setup and avoid some common pitfalls using tips and tricks gained from real-world experiences. And finally you will be presented with ways in which the core platform can be further extended and enhanced to provide the maximum return on investment for your organization.
This book is focused on the needs of the enterprise, providing a solution-driven approach for both business and IT specialists to get the most from this powerful and popular CRM application. It will enhance your understanding of the features and functionality of the CRM application and get you completely ready to administer Salesforce CRM.
What you will learn from this book:
- Apply real-world knowledge to configure, maintain, extend, and maximize your company’s use of Salesforce CRM
- Set up organization-wide settings that affect the look and feel of the system
- Customize your Salesforce CRM application, including page layouts, fields, and tabs
- Create and manage users
- Configure and tailor the system using Record types and Field-level security
- Automate business activities using Workflows
- Generate Meaningful Data and Workflow Reports that deliver results
- Explore Salesforce CRM functions such as Sales Automation, Campaign builder, lead queue and lead assignment, Cloud scheduler , and so on
- Extend salesforce.com via AppExchange, Visualforce pages, components, Apex controllers, and triggers
- Packed with tips and tricks for enhancing end-user productivity and expanding the Salesforce CRM implementation
A practical guide through which you will discover how to set up and configure the application. Along the way, you will also be presented with solutions and real-life examples on how to further improve and maintain its functionality with clear step-by-step instructions. Being highly organized and compact, this book contains detailed instructions with screenshots, diagrams, and tips that clearly describe how you can administer and configure complex Salesforce CRM functionality with absolute ease.
Who this book is written for
This book is for administrators who want to develop and strengthen their Salesforce CRM skills in the areas of configuration and system management. Whether you are a novice or a more experienced admin, this book aims to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the Salesforce CRM platform. By the end of the book, you will be ready to configure and administer a Salesforce CRM system in a real-world environment which fully supports your business needs.
- Paperback: 376 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849683069
- ISBN-13: 978-1849683067