Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook
Salesforce CRM is a market-leading customer relationship management (CRM) application that is accessed over the Internet. It is a proven system which helps to manage large volumes of information across an organization and also improves communication between departments for exceptional customer service. The CRM application is available for the management of sales projections and orders, marketing plans, knowledge management, service and support, partner relationships, and data analytics. The application greatly enhances a company’s sales performance, improves customer satisfaction, and provides a robust customer relationship management system for an organization. For optimum performance of the system, there are a lot of things for you as the Salesforce administrator to know and tackle, but there isn’t a single book which focuses on the administrative aspect of Salesforce CRM.
“Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook” enables you to instantly extend and unleash the power of Salesforce CRM. It provides clear, comprehensive instructions along with detailed screenshots and code. Whether you are looking for solutions to enhance the core features or are looking for ideas for advanced customization techniques, this book will provide you with immediate, practical, and exciting real-world recipes.
This book provides practical, step-by-step instructions that cover the use of hidden features, advanced user interface techniques, solutions for process automation, and data and systems integration in detail.
This book guides you through interesting topics spanning a variety of functional areas. Recipes are provided that cover data quality and automation, approval and workflow processing, solutions to increase productivity, and the integration of Salesforce CRM with external tools and applications, such as Google and Microsoft Outlook.
“Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook’ provides practical, step-by-step instructions to deliver enhanced functionality and extend the power of Salesforce CRM.
What you will learn from this book
- Building home page components and creating custom links to provide additional functionality and improve the Home Tab layout
- Advanced user interface techniques to improve the look and feel of Salesforce CRM with the presentation of graphical elements
- Exposing hacks and hidden features to enhance and override native aspects of Salesforce CRM
- Automatic data capture and improving data quality in Salesforce CRM
- Implementing an approval process to control the way approvals are managed for records in Salesforce CRM
- Increasing productivity using tools and features to provide advanced administration
- Configuring and installing Salesforce for Microsoft Outlook email integration
- Integrating Salesforce CRM with external online tools to provide enhanced functionality and extend the power of Salesforce CRM
This book is written in a Cookbook-style format and provides you with immediately useable recipes that extend the functionality of Salesforce CRM and solves real-world problems encountered within the Salesforce CRM application.
The recipes in this Cookbook contain proven, step-by-step instructions along with detailed screenshots.
This Cookbook has been designed so that you can read it chapter by chapter, starting with recipes that provide enhancements to the user interface, and finishing with recipes that cover data and systems integration. You can also refer to the list of recipes and choose to access them in no particular order. Either method allows you to rapidly implement solutions in your organization that extend and enhance the functionality of Salesforce CRM for your users.
Who this book is for
This book is for Salesforce administrators and developers who want to quickly incorporate enhanced functionality and extend the power of Salesforce CRM.
- Paperback: 266 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684243
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684248