Real-time Web Application Development using Vert.x 2.0
Real-time Web Application Development with Vert.x will show you how to get up and running on the powerful Vert.x platform. Using a hands-on example of developing a mind map editor, this book shows you how to build a Vert.x application from the ground up, and on the way introduces all of the major building blocks of Vert.x, such as integrating with a database, polyglot development, and so on.
Real-time Web Application Development with Vert.x will guide you step-by-step through building a Vert.x application so that you’ll be able to start building one of your own in no time. From initiation to scaling, you’ll develop a mind map editor application with real-time collaboration capabilities. As you go through the development process, you’ll get to know all the building blocks of Vert.x applications: Verticles, Worker Verticles, the Event Bus, and Modules. You’ll also see how Vert.x apps seamlessly reach into client devices by building a client application using the Vert.x Event Bus Bridge, Knockout.js, and D3.js.
Real-time Web Application Development with Vert.x guides you through the whole Vert.x application development process, tying all of the important concepts together with a simple, realistic example application.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a Vert.x development environment with ease
- Organize application code into nice and tidy components using Verticles
- Build browser-based clients for Vert.x apps using HTML5 and technologies like Knockout.js and D3.js
- Integrate your Vert.x app with MongoDB to make your data persistent
- Use the Vert.x Event Bus to add real-time collaboration features to your app
- Seamlessly integrate components written in different programming languages so that you can use whatever language is the best fit for each problem
- Organize your code into modules and distribute Vert.x libraries to your organization or to the open source community
- Integrate Java libraries into your Vert.x application and tap into the vast Java library ecosystem
- Scale your Vert.x application by tuning the deployment configuration of your Verticles
A quick, clear, and concise tutorial-guide-based approach that helps you to develop a web application based on Vert.x.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 122 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782167951
- ISBN-13: 978-1782167952