Programming iOS 4: Fundamentals of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Development
Get a solid grounding in all the fundamentals of Cocoa Touch, and avoid problems during iPhone and iPad app development. With Programming iOS 4, you’ll dig into Cocoa and learn how to work effectively with Objective-C and Xcode. This book covers iOS 4 in a rigorous, orderly fashion—ideal whether you’re approaching iOS for the first time or need a reference to bolster existing skills.
- Learn Objective-C language details and object-oriented programming concepts
- Understand the anatomy of an Xcode project and all the stages of its lifecycle
- Grasp key Cocoa concepts such as relationships between classes, receiving events, and model-view-controller architecture
- Know how views are managed, drawn, composited, and animated
- Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sound, video, sensors, maps, and more
- Touch on advanced topics such as threading and networking
- Obtain a thorough grounding for exploring advanced iOS features on your own
About the Author
Matt Neuburg has a PhD in Classics and has taught at many universities and colleges. He has been programming computers since 1968. He has written applications for Mac OS X and iOS, is a former editor of MacTech Magazine, and is a long-standing contributing editor for TidBITS. His previous O’Reilly books are Frontier: The Definitive Guide, REALbasic: The Definitive Guide, and AppleScript: The Definitive Guide. He makes a living writing books, articles, and software documentation, as well as by programming, consulting, and training.
- Paperback: 834 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449388434
- ISBN-13: 978-1449388430