Professional Test Driven Development with C#
Hands-on guidance to creating great test-driven development practice
Test-driven development (TDD) practice helps developers recognize a well-designed application, and encourages writing a test before writing the functionality that needs to be implemented. This hands-on guide provides invaluable insight for creating successful test-driven development processes. With source code and examples featured in both C# and .NET, the book walks you through the TDD methodology and shows how it is applied to a real-world application. You’ll witness the application built from scratch and details each step that is involved in the development, as well as any problems that were encountered and the solutions that were applied.
- Clarifies the motivation behind test-driven development (TDD), what it is, and how it works
- Reviews the various steps involved in developing an application and the testing that is involved prior to implementing the functionality
- Discusses unit testing and refactoring
Professional Test-Driven Development with C# shows you how to create great TDD processes right away.
From the Back Cover
Start working with test driven development processes to build better applications
If you want to write robust software that is simple to implement and maintain, you need to use Test Driven Development (TDD). This hands-on guide shows you how, providing invaluable insight for creating effective TDD processes. With the help of source code and examples featured in C#, the authors walk you through the TDD methodology and show you how to apply it to a real-world application. You’ll explore the application as it’s built from scratch and follow each step involved in development, including problems that arise and the solutions to apply. Within no time, you’ll be designing your own successful TDD processes.
Professional Test Driven Development with C#:
- Describes common software problems and provides refactoring practices that resolve them
- Shows patterns that can be used to test WPF and Silverlight applications
- Helps you ensure that when a defect is fixed it stays fixed without causing unexpected side effects
- Shows how to structure your MVC application for testability
- Shares the easy steps that can be taken to test WCF services
- Explains how to run integration tests to ensure that everything works as planned
- Uncovers best practices for writing good tests that are readable and maintainable
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047064320X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470643204