Professional SharePoint 2007 Design
From the planning details to the steps to the considerations, understand how to design the perfect SharePoint implementation by applying the information in Professional SharePoint 2007 Design. Begin with an overview of a installation and move through the technical aspects of creating usable, accessible, aesthetically pleasing SharePoint interfaces, with a primary focus on using SharePoint’s basic design tools to create a better looking and more effective installation. Understand how to use PhotoShop to design the graphics and template model for your site and learn how to integrate SharePoint themes.
From the Back Cover
Professional Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Design
Take your SharePoint site design to the next level by exploiting the powerful set of tools that SharePoint 2007 offers. Focused purely on the topic of design as it relates to SharePoint 2007, this book arms you with the knowledge you will need to create unique and dynamic SharePoint sites with not only MOSS, but also Windows SharePoint Services version 3 (WSS). You’ll walk through the key points and best practices for customizing the standard SharePoint user interface with your own branding and styles.
What you will learn from this book
- How to customize SharePoint master pages, page layouts, CSS, themes, and Web Parts to achieve a unique site design
- Ways to create Photoshop CS3 and HTML/CSS mockups that take into account the specific requirements that SharePoint requires in a user interface
- Proper planning that is required when starting a SharePoint communication or collaboration web site
- Methods for leveraging the power of SharePoint’s built-in navigation and searching functionality
- How to use minimal master pages as an effective starting point for creating your own design masterpieces
- The complete lifecycle of a custom SharePoint user interface
- The benefits of utilizing Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 for working with SharePoint servers in an efficient and rich environment
- Tips and tricks for building accessible web sites in SharePoint
This book is for the SharePoint professional or enthusiast who has an interest in making communication and collaboration web sites that look as great as they are powerful. A basic understanding of the .NET 2.0 Framework and SharePoint concepts is helpful but not necessary.
- Paperback: 648 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (September 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047028580X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470285800