Professional Scrum with Team Foundation Server 2010
Professional guidance on using Microsoft’s Visual Studio toolset for agile project management
Focusing on both process and results, this professional guide offers a practical approach to running agile software projects using Visual Studio’s project management templates and tools. You’ll first get a thorough overview of the interaction between traditional, scrum-based agile development techniques and the Microsoft Soutions Framework, before drilling down into the detail. The book covers tools, best practices, key templates, key data, team and process models, necessary tracking assets—and a host of other project challenges, such as project communication, organization, and budgets.
- Shows how to use Microsoft’s agile Visual Studio toolset for agile project management
- Written by leading experts from Microsoft and industry, this is an authoritative guide to agile development for all Microsoft-based projects
- Teaches basic concepts through best practices for delivering great software on time
- Covers the interaction of traditional, scrum-based agile development techniques and the Microsoft Solutions Framework
- Focuses on what must be in place to keep a project on track, including team models, process models, detailed tracking assets, and more
Professional Scrum with Team foundation Server 2010 combines theory with practical experience to help experienced software project managers and developers ship reliable software on time.
From the Back Cover
Ship great software—reliably and on time—using Scrum and TFS
Three main factors are necessary to successfully ship great software: technology, talent, and process. Offering an in-depth focus on the process element, this book serves as a road map for using Scrum to organize teams and activities and shows you how to use Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) to execute a Scrum project. The three authors combine their years of experience to present you with best practices, including templates to help get you started. They also provide a trio of distinct perspectives for handling the variety of challengesthat you may face, all aimed at putting you on the fast track to shipping exemplary software with Scrum and TFS.
Professional Scrum with Team Foundation Server 2010:
- Details the basics of software project management, from initiating a project to organizing the team
- Examines the roles and responsibilities of an effective team
- Introduces you to the tracking and reporting functions of TFS
- Shares guidance and insight into using Scrum artifacts in TFS
- Demonstrates how to create product backlog items and define them for release
- Includes in-depth coverage of running a release, a sprint, and a retrospective meeting
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (April 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470943335
- ISBN-13: 978-0470943335