Professional Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0
Windows Embedded CE is a Microsoft operating system that addresses the needs of handheld, mobile, and embedded devices. This timely book will help you become familiar with the Windows Embedded CE environment quickly and efficiently. You’ll explore how different pieces of Windows Embedded CE come together to develop and build various devices and discover what makes Windows Embedded CE the best embedded development environment from the cost, risks, and time-to-market perspectives.
From the Back Cover
ProfessionalMicrosoft® Windows® Embedded CE 6.0
With its support for multiple processor architectures, Windows Embedded CE can be adapted to a variety of devices, including Smartphones, PocketPCs, digital cameras, DVRs, VoIP, network routers, wireless projectors, robotics, data acquisition, human-machine interfaces, and more. Packed with straightforward exercises and helpful examples, this book is aimed at demonstrating how to perform various development tasks in the Windows Embedded CE 6.0 environment. You’ll quickly come to view Windows Embedded CE 6.0 as an ideal operating system for developing a new generation of intelligent, multimedia, connected, and service-oriented embedded devices.
Author and Embedded CE expert Samuel Phung encourages you to develop Windows Embedded CE 6.0 applications by adapting the skills you already have. You’ll learn to produce a new breed of intriguing embedded devices and you’ll come to understand ways in which the Windows Embedded CE environment is efficient, developer-friendly, and easy to master.
What you will learn from this book
- How to build a customized CE 6.0 runtime image
- Various forms of debugging and the array of debugging tools
- Ways to develop managed-code and native-code applications for Windows Embedded CE using Visual Studio
- Techniques for deploying a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 device with BIOS Loader
- Methods available to autolaunch an application when CE starts
- How to create thin-client applications using the provided design templates
- Ways to customize the user interface when CE starts and replace the standard Explorer shell
This book is for developers who are interested in learning what resources are available as part of the Windows Embedded CE tool chains and how to use them. A basic understanding of Visual C++, C#, or Visual Basic is helpful.
- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (November 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047037733X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470377338