Professional Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010
Comprehensive coverage on Business Connectivity Services within SharePoint 2010As Microsoft’s new multipurpose portal technology, Business Connectivity Services (BCS) is a brand new way for SharePoint users to seamlessly access and integrate data from any application or databases within SharePoint 2010. With this in-depth guide, a team of SharePoint experts walks you through the features of the new BCS, including the ability for users to view and modify the data from SharePoint 2010 with BCS. You’ll explore how to use BCS, deploy solutions, create external content types and lists, create .NET host connectors, and more.
- Business Connectivity Services (BCS) allows you to seamlessly access and integrate data from any application or databases within SharePoint 2010
- Demonstrates how to create BCS solutions with the SharePoint Designer in SharePoint 2010 and Office
- Provides a clear overview of the BCS API
- Addresses creating external content types and lists
- Explains how to develop search-based solutions with BCS
Professional Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010 provides you with thorough coverage on this new multipurpose portal technology.
From the Back Cover
Learn to use BCS as the vital data layer for SharePoint solutions
Because Business Connectivity Services offers an integration layer capable of connecting SharePoint to External Data, developers should now consider it as the primary pattern for developing applications in SharePoint. If your SharePoint solution needs data storage with capabilities beyond those of a standard list, BCS enables you to craft a solution that offers enterprise search, SharePoint UI and user profile integration, and Microsoft Office integration with off-line support. This book presents the power and capabilities of BCS plus the guidance to use them in custom application development.
Professional Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010:
- Provides an overview of BCS, its relationship to other components of SharePoint, and its role in the business environment
- Explains integration points for BCS solutions with SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010
- Shows how to create custom solutions using server-side and client-side object models
- Covers development and application of connectors in Visual Studio® 2010
- Examines security in BCS solutions, including both classic and claims mode considerations for SharePoint 2010
- Demonstrates how to create solutions that use enterprise search with External Systems
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (January, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047061790X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470617908