Professional ASP.NET MVC 3
New edition of the top book on MVC from the top ASP.NET experts at Microsoft!
MVC 3 is the latest update to Microsoft’s Model-View-Controller technology, which enables developers to build dynamic, data-driven web sites. This in-depth book shows you step by step how to use MVC 3. Written by top ASP.NET MVC experts at Microsoft, the latest edition of this popular book covers new and updated features such as the new View engine, Razor, NuGet, and much more. The book’s practical tutorials reinforce concepts and allow you create real-world applications. Topics include controllers and actions, forms and HTML helpers, Ajax, unit testing, and much more.
- Shows developers and programmers how to use ASP.NET MVC 3, Microsoft’s new version of its Model-View-Controller technology for developing dynamic, data-driven web sites
- Features an expert author team?all are members of Microsoft’s ASP.NET team
- Uses a step-by-step approach to explain all major features and functionalities and provides practical tutorials to allow you to create real-world applications
- Goes into theory as well as practical application and covers such topics as Razor, NuGet (PowerShell inside Visual Studio 2010), and new layout features
Move your development skills to the next level with MVC 3 and Professional ASP.NET MVC 3.
From the Back Cover
A complete look at the new features of ASP.NET MVC 3
ASP.NET MVC 3 is the eagerly anticipated revision of Microsoft’s approach for creating data-driven dynamic applications. Written by a team of Microsoft insiders, this in-depth book shows you how to use the new features and exciting capabilities of ASP.NET MVC 3. Beginning with a short introduction to the ASP.NET MVC framework, this resource quickly shows you each step to install and create an ASP.NET MVC project. In addition, practical tutorials reinforce concepts and prepare you to create real-world applications.
Professional ASP.NET MVC 3:
- Describes what views are and explores the Razor syntax, NuGet, unit testing, and much more
- Explains the role of Controllers in the MVC framework and what role models play in binding and data access strategies
- Demonstrates how to display and process forms
- Covers the new features added in the April 2011 Tools Update, such as scaffolding and HTML5 project templates
- Walks you through performing client and server validation of your models
- Uncovers tips for making use of the membership, authorization, and security features
- Highlights how TDD applies to ASP.NET MVC
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118076583
- ISBN-13: 978-1118076583