Pro Core Data for iOS: Data Access and Persistence Engine for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Based on the relatively new Cocoa touch set of APIs and libraries, the Core Data framework is now available and accessible for app development and use on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Pro Core Data for iOS explains how to use the Core Data framework for iOS.
The book explains both how and why to use Core Data, from simple to advanced techniques. Covering common and advanced persistence patterns, this book prepares any iOS developer to store and retrieve data accurately and efficiently.
- Steps reader through Core Data
- Graduates readers to advanced usage
- Instructs how to tune and optimize persistence
What you’ll learn
- Organize data appropriately
- Persist data efficiently
- Use Apple’s tools effectively
- Build Core Data applications
- Use Core Data in advanced settings
- Version and migrate data as your applications evolve
Who this book is for
All iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch developers whose applications manage any amount of data.
- Paperback: 376 pages
- Publisher: Apress (January, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430233559
- ISBN-13: 978-1430233558