Pro Core Data for iOS, 2nd Edition
Fully updated for Xcode 4.2, Pro Core Data for iOS explains how to use the Core Data framework for iOS SDK 5 using Xcode 4.2. The book explains both how and why to use Core Data, from simple to advanced techniques. Covering common and advanced persistence patterns, this book prepares any iOS developer to store and retrieve data accurately and efficiently.
This book starts by giving you a solid grounding in Core Data, providing a foundation for the rest of the book. With this knowledge, you’ll have all you need to master Core Data and power your data-driven applications. You’ll see how to work with SQLite and how to create an efficient data model to represent your data. Once you’ve established your data model, you’ll learn how to work with data objects and refine result sets to get the most out of the stored data.
The advanced portions of the book begin by showing you how to tune your apps’ performance and memory usage, to give you a truly professional edge. You’ll see how to version and migrate your data as well, to ensure your data stays organized and efficient. Finally, the book covers managing table views with NSFetchedResultsController.
What you’ll learn
- Core Data techniques with Xcode
- How to organize data appropriately
- How to persist data efficiently
- How to effectively use Apple tools
- How to build Core Data applications
- How to use Core Data in advanced settings
- How to version and migrate data as your applications evolve
- How to tune and optimize persistence
Who this book is for
All iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch developers whose applications manage any amount of data.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Understanding Core Data
- Storing Data: SQLite and Other Options
- Creating a Data Model
- Working with Data Objects
- Refining Result Sets
- Tuning Performance and Memory Usage
- Versioning and Migrating Data
- Managing Table Views Using NSFetchedResultsController
- Using Core Data in Advanced Applications
- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 2nd Edition (November 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430236566
- ISBN-13: 978-1430236566