PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 4th Edition
Here’s what Web designers need to know to create dynamic, database-driven Web sitesTo be on the cutting edge, Web sites need to serve up HTML, CSS, and products specific to the needs of different customers using different browsers. An effective e-commerce site gathers information about users and provides information they need to get the desired result.
PHP scripting language with a MySQL back-end database offers an effective way to design sites that meet these requirements. This full updated 4th Edition of PHP & MySQL For Dummies gets you quickly up to speed, even if your experience is limited.
- Explains the easy way to install and set up PHP and MySQL using XAMPP, so it works the same on Linux, Mac, and Windows
- Shows you how to secure files on a Web host and how to write secure code
- Packed with useful and understandable code examples for Web site creators who are not professional programmers
- Fully updated to ensure your code will be compliant based on PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.1.31
- Provides clear, accurate code examples
PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 4th Edition provides what you need to know to create sites that get results.
From the Back Cover
Learn to use the tools that bring Web sites to life —it’s easy and fun!
Static Web sites don’t cut it anymore. To serve up HTML, CSS,and database-driven pages, you need to know your way around PHP and a MySQL backend database. This book shows you how to build two common applications: a product catalog and a member-only site requiring a username and password. You’ll learn a basic design you can expand however you choose!
- New to all this? — get acquainted with PHP and MySQL and find out how to install them on Windows®, Mac®, or Linux®
- A perfect partnership — see how the language and database work together to produce dynamic Web pages with less hassle
- MySQL moving and storage — store data in your database and display it on your Web pages
- Up to code — learn to build PHP scripts and program pieces with code that meets the latest standards
- The sum of the parts — organize all the parts of your application, ensure security, and complete your documentation
Visit the companion Web site at www.dummies.com/go/php&mysqlfd4e to find all the code examples used in the book
Open the book and find:
- How to keep up with PHP and MySQL updates
- What’s different in the newest versions
- Pros and cons of Web hosting companies
- How to back up and restore data in your database
- Error messages and what they mean
- Why you must plan your database application
- Advice on what offers value to your users
- Ten “gotchas” that will mess up your code
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 4 Edition (December, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470527587
- ISBN-13: 978-0470527580