Photoshop Elements 12: The Missing Manual
Whether you’re a photographer, scrapbooker, or aspiring graphic artist, Photoshop Elements 12 is an ideal image-editing tool—once you know how to use it. This bestselling book removes the guesswork. With candid, jargon-free advice and step-by-step guidance, you’ll get the most out of Elements for everything from sharing and touching-up photos to fun print and online projects.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get to work right away. Import, organize, edit, crop, and color-correct your photos with ease.
- Retouch any image. Repair and restore old and damaged photos.
- Add pizzazz. Dress up your photos with dozens of filters, layer styles, and special effects.
- Share photos. Create online albums, email-ready slideshows, and web-ready files.
- Use your words. Make greeting cards, calendars, and flyers by adding text to images.
- Unleash your creativity. Design photo books, scrapbooks, collages, and other projects.
- Find your artistic flair. Create digital artwork from scratch, using tools to draw, paint, and blend.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction to Elements
Chapter 1. Finding Your Way Around Elements
Chapter 2. Importing, Managing, and Saving Photos
Chapter 3. Rotating and Resizing Photos
Part 2: Elemental Elements
Chapter 4. The Quick Fix
Chapter 5. Making Selections
Chapter 6. Layers: The Heart of Elements
Part 3: Retouching
Chapter 7. Basic Image Retouching
Chapter 8. Elements for Digital Photographers
Chapter 9. Retouching: Fine-Tuning Images
Chapter 10. Removing and Adding Color
Chapter 11. Photomerge: Creating Panoramas, Group Shots, and More
Part 4: Artistic Elements
Chapter 12. Drawing with Brushes, Shapes, and Other Tools
Chapter 13. Filters, Actions, Layer Styles, and Gradients
Chapter 14. Text in Elements
Part 5: Sharing Images
Chapter 15. Creating Projects
Chapter 16. Printing Photos
Chapter 17. Email and the Web
Chapter 18. Creating Slideshows
Part 6: Additional Elements
Chapter 19. Beyond the Basics
Part 7: Appendixes
Appendix A. Installation and Troubleshooting
- Paperback: 648 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press (September 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449341659
- ISBN-13: 978-1449341657