Personal Finance For Seniors For Dummies
The fast and easy way for Baby Boomers to protect their financial futureAre you nearing (or already basking in) retirement? This helpful guide addresses the unique financial opportunities and challenges you’ll face as you enter your golden years.
Personal Finance For Seniors For Dummies empowers you to chart your financial course for the decades to come, guiding you through the basics of creating a budget for retirement, investing accrued assets, taking advantage of governmental and nongovernmental benefits and planning for your family’s future. You’ll get trusted, practical information on reexamining investment strategies and rebalancing a portfolio, long-term care options, pension plans and social security, health care, Medicare, and prescription drug costs, and so much more.
- Advice on how to invest, spend, and protect your wealth
- Guidance on wills and trusts
- Other titles by Tyson: Personal Finance For Dummies, Investing For Dummies, and Home Buying For Dummies
Personal Finance For Seniors For Dummies is basic enough to help novices get their arms around thorny financial issues, while also challenging advanced readers to identify areas for improvement.
From the Back Cover
The fast and easy way for Baby Boomers to protect their financial futureAre you nearing (or already basking in) retirement? Are you aware of the unique financial opportunities and challenges you’ll face in your golden years? This hands-on, practical guide empowers you to chart your financial course with targeted advice for investing, spending, and protecting your wealth for the decades to come.
- Plan, plan, plan — understand just how important it is to plan ahead for retirement (and how it’ll give you more attractive financial options in the future)
- Tackle the issues — discover the best ways to manage your annual expenses and budget so you’ll have enough to live on now and in the years ahead
- Know your benefits — get the lowdown on government programs available, like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Tie up loose ends — find out how to plan your estate (no matter how large or modest), prepare a will, and determine considerations for a living will, medical powers of attorney, and more
Open the book and find:
- Advice on when to retire and guidance on estimating expenses
- Your best investments for retirement money
- Plain-English explanations of retirement account options
- How to adjust spending when life throws you a curve ball
- Tips on choosing pension options
- Housing choices in retirement
- The best Social Security and healthcare benefits for you
- Ways to reduce your estate taxes
- Create a budget for retirement
- Wisely invest, spend, and protect your wealth
- Plot the windy road of pension plans, Social Security, healthcare, and Medicare
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (May, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470548762
- ISBN-13: 978-0470548769