OS X Mountain Lion Simplified
The easy way for visual learners to get up to speed on Mac OS X Mountain Lion
OS X Mountain Lion is the latest version of the Mac desktop operating system, offering great new features for millions of users. If you’re switching to a Mac, upgrading from an earlier OS, or just getting started with computers, Mac OS X Mountain Lion Simplified provides all information you need in the simplest way possible. Tasks are presented in spreads with step-by-step instructions and full color illustrations, showing you exactly how things work, without the long-winded explanations.
Discover exciting new OS X Mountain Lion features, such as Game Center, Messages, and Notifications–and also get up to speed on the basics, such as how to work with files, customize your computer, use fun photo and movies apps, and much more.
- Covers the newest version of the Mac operating system, Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Offers learners a visual way to get up to speed on Mac OS X Mountain Lion, using step-by-stepinstructions illustrated with full-color screen shots that show exactly what each step looks like
- Explains OS X and Mac computer basics, as well as exciting new OS X Mountain Lion features, such as Game Center, Messages, and Notifications
If you learn best when you can see exactly how something is done, Mac OS X Mountain Lion Simplified is the perfect guide for you.
From the Back Cover
Are you new to computers? Does new technology make you nervous? Relax! You’re holding in your hands the easiest guide ever to OS X Mountain Lion — a book that skips the long-winded explanations and shows you how things work. All you have to do is open the book and discover just how easy it is to get up to speed.
- Explore the OS X screen and start applications
- Create, save, print, and edit documents
- Communicate via e-mail, messages, and FaceTime®
- Explore the web with the Safari® browser
- Connect and sync an iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod®
- Play music, edit photos, and create videos
- “Simplify It” sidebars offer real-world advice
- Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
- Full-color screen shots demonstrate each task
- Self-contained, two-page lessons make learning a snap
- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118401417
- ISBN-13: 978-1118401415