Oracle Service Bus 11g Development Cookbook
Oracle Service Bus 11g is a scalable SOA integration platform that delivers an efficient, standards-based infrastructure for high-volume, mission critical SOA environments. It is designed to connect, mediate, and manage interactions between heterogeneous services, legacy applications, packaged solutions and multiple Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) instances across an enterprise-wide service network. Oracle Service Bus is a core component in the Oracle SOA Suite as a backbone for SOA messaging.
This practical cookbook shows you how to develop service and message-oriented (integration) solutions on the Oracle Service Bus 11g.
Packed with over 80 task-based and immediately reusable recipes, this book starts by showing you how to create a basic OSB service and work efficiently and effectively with OSB. The book then dives into topics such as messaging with JMS transport, using EJB and JEJB transport, HTTP transport and Poller transports, communicating with the database, communicating with SOA Suite and Reliable Message Processing amongst others. The last two chapters discuss how to achieve message and transport-level security on the OSB.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a simple service on the OSB
- Work efficiently with the Eclipse OEPE
- Send and consume messages through the JMS transport, covering both topics and queues
- Learn how to use the HTTP transport to work in a RESTFul way, both from the consumer and provider side
- Use the Email transport to send and receive emails and process an attachment
- Use the JCA adapter framework with OSB in order to support communication with a database
- Use the SB transport to communicate with the SOA Suite
- Implement reliable communication with the OSB
- Includes tips and tricks for implementing the message processing in the message flow of a proxy service
- Learn how to secure OSB services through OWSM.
This cookbook is full of immediately useable recipes showing you how to develop service and message-oriented (integration) solutions on the Oracle Service Bus. In addition to its cookbook style, which ensures the solutions are presented in a clear step-by-step manner, the explanations go into great detail, which makes it good learning material for everyone who has experience in OSB and wants to improve. Most of the recipes are designed in such a way that each recipe is presented as a separate, standalone entity and reading of prior recipes is not required. The finished solution of each recipe is also made available electronically.
Who this book is for
If you are an intermediate SOA developer who is using Oracle Service Bus to develop service and message-orientated solutions on the Oracle Service Bus, then this book is for you. This book assumes that you have a working knowledge of fundamental SOA concepts and Oracle Service Bus.
- Paperback: 522 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (January 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684448
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684446