Oracle Information Integration, Migration, and Consolidation
The book covers data migration, data consolidation, and data integration, the three scenarios that are typically part of the information integration life cycle. Organizations typically find themselves migrating data to Oracle and either later, or at the same time, consolidating multiple database instances into a single global instance for a department, or even an entire company. The business savings and technical benefits of data consolidation cannot be overlooked, and this book will help you to use Oracle’s technology to achieve these goals.
This highly practical and business-applicable book will teach you to be successful with the latest Oracle data and application integration, migration, information life-cycle management, and consolidation products and technologies.
In this book, you will gain hands-on advice about data consolidation, integration, and migration using tools and best practices. Along the way you will leverage products like Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle GoldenGate, and SQL Developer, as well as Data Hubs and 11gR2 Database.
The book covers everything from the early background of information integration and the impact of SOA, to products like Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator. By the end you’ll have a clear idea of where information and application integration is headed and how to plan your own projects.
Use Oracle technologies and best practices to manage, maintain, migrate, and mobilize data
What you will learn from this book :
- Get to grips with all that Oracle has to offer for information integration, migration, consolidation, and information life cycle management
- Gain insight into migration tools and practices that are not well documented or understood even by many Oracle architects
- Take a deep dive into how information integration and data migration are achieved in a complete and robust Oracle environment
- Evaluate which Oracle products to implement to meet your company’s unique technical requirements
- Migrate data to Oracle in the most cost-effective, high performance and efficient manner
- Learn from real-world case studies to help you define your own information and application integration solutions
- Understand how Oracle’s latest combined hardware and software platforms can be used not only to consolidate data, but as an information service bus solution ‘in a box’
- Tackle a myriad of tools like Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Golden Gate, and many more
- Absorb the facts surrounding Oracle’s strategic offering, Application Integration Architecture (AIA)
- Understand the past, present, and future of Oracle Application Integration
- Utilize an Oracle and a partner’s product offerings to manage your large volumes of rarely accessed, but mission-critical information
- Master an Oracle Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) application
This enormously practical guide, interspersed with numerous real-life case studies and actual business scenarios, shows readers when, where, and how to use Oracle’s wide range of data integration products.
Who this book is written for
If you are a DBA, application or data architect, or data integration specialist who is running an Oracle database or middleware and you want to learn about the latest on Oracle’s information integration platform, then this book is for you.
You can also benefit from this book if you are an application developer or technical and project lead with a focus on master data management, data warehousing, and data consolidation.
You should have working experience with Oracle Database, data integration, consolidation, and migration, as well as some familiarity with integration middleware products and information service buses.
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (September 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849682208
- ISBN-13: 978-1849682206