Oracle E-Business Suite 12 Financials Cookbook
Oracle EBS Financials Suite is a solution that provides out-of-the-box features to meet global financial reporting and tax requirements with one accounting, tax, banking, and payments model and makes it easy to operate shared services across businesses and regions. Have you ever wondered how the EBS Financials modules integrate with each other, and do you want to know how this is done quickly? If so, this book is for you. You may have read about what EBS financials does, but with this book on your work desk you will see how to do it.
The Oracle E-Business Suite 12 Financials Cookbook will enable you to taste the core functionalities of the main modules using bite size recipes. Each recipe is organized in a way that will enable you to learn the core steps to perform in a key business scenario; it then dives deeper into concepts and scenarios.
Discover scenario-based recipes, designed to help you understand how the end-to-end processes within EBS R12 Financials modules are linked together, through touch points. With each chapter, this book develops a full business end-to-end scenario to cover the financial modules. You will start by creating items in Inventory, and then purchase items in Procurement. Then you will move on to entering supplier invoices and paying them in Payables and creating and managing assets.
See how items are sold and shipped to customers in Order Management, and how funds are received from customer in Receivables. Manage cash and transfer transactions to General Ledger, and then close periods.
Quickly master EBS R12 Financials best practices—an ideal quick demo of how it works
What you will learn from this book :
- Create inventory items and define item controls
- Raise and approve requisitions for inventory and non-inventory items, create suppliers, purchase orders, receiving items and purchasing accounting transactions
- Process different types of invoices for PO and non-PO invoices, payments to suppliers, and payables accounting transactions
- Manage asset transactions from addition to retirement, including depreciating assets and assets accounting transactions
- Create customers and manage sales orders, including shipping, pricing, and creating invoices
- Manage the receivables process from billing to collection, including revenue accounting
- Handle cash, create bank accounts, reconcile bank accounts, and create cash forecasts
- Administer the general ledger, accounting setup, sub-ledger accounting, e-business tax, and create journals.
- Close periods for sub-ledgers, reconcile transactions, and run financial reports
There are many ways of configuring and using Oracle EBS R12 Financials. This cookbook demonstrates how to use EBS R12 Financials in a way that will enable you to understand the core functionalities of the main financials modules. Each recipe is presented as part of a scenario-based chapter that details typical business scenarios.
Who this book is written for
This book is for EBS Financials specialists who want a broader understanding of particular areas of the financials modules. Businesses can use this book to identify key functionalities of the financial modules, and very quickly demonstrate a pilot to obtain the core requirements.
If you are a Business Analyst, Functional Consultant, Technical Consultant, Project Sponsor, Project Manager, Project Team Member, System Accountant or Solution Designer, Testing Team Member, Training Team Member or Support Team Member, then this book is for you.
This book assumes that you have basic navigation skills and you understand the key Oracle EBS terminology, novice EBS professionals will also gain from the expert content of this book.
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849683107
- ISBN-13: 978-1849683104