Oracle Data Integrator 11g Cookbook
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is Oracle’s strategic data integration platform for high-speed data transformation and movement between different systems. From high-volume batches, to SOA-enabled data services, to trickle operations, ODI is a cutting-edge platform that offers heterogeneous connectivity, enterprise-level deployment, and strong administrative, diagnostic, and management capabilities.
“Oracle Data Integrator 11g Cookbook” will take you on a journey past your first steps with ODI to a new level of proficiency, lifting the cover on many of the internals of the product to help you better leverage the most advanced features.
The first part of this book will focus on the administrative tasks required for a successful deployment, moving on to showing you how to best leverage Knowledge Modules with explanations of their internals and focus on specific examples. Next we will look into some advanced coding techniques for interfaces, packages, models, and a focus on XML. Finally the book will lift the cover on web services as well as the ODI SDK, along with additional advanced techniques that may be unknown to many users.
Throughout “Oracle Data Integrator 11g Cookbook”, the authors convey real-world advice and best practices learned from their extensive hands-on experience.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand how to install, secure, and deploy Oracle Data Integrator
- Explore the advanced features of ODI Topology, including creating new technologies and data types
- Learn many new ways to use variables in the product, including in Topology and Knowledge Modules
- Discover the inner workings of the code substitution in ODI to become more proficient with Knowledge Modules
- Get to grips with reusable coding best practices for interfaces and packages
- Find out more more about using XML and web services in ODI
- Leverage the SDK to expand your solutions
- Review many of the key concepts and best practices of ODI
Written as a practical Cookbook, the recipes in this essential guide will help you make the most out of Oracle Data Integrator 11g.
Who this book is for
This book is meant for people who already possess a basic understanding of Oracle Data Integrator and want to take it to the next level by learning how to better leverage advanced ODI features and functionality as they continue to develop and manage their data integration projects.
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (May 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849681740
- ISBN-13: 978-1849681742