Oracle APEX 4.2 Reporting
The biggest challenge in the reporting world is to reduce the overall project cost by picking a tool that minimizes effort and time and to ensure an enriching user experience. Oracle APEX, a 4GL technology, with its unique features such as low implementation time and flexibility, aids us in creating performance-tuned applications with minimum hassle.
“Oracle APEX 4.2 Reporting” is a unique blend of fascinating solutions and intriguing integrations which gives you a 360 degree view of the reporting solutions available to you on the market. It showcases advanced APEX solutions that will empower you to fulfill all kinds of tricky requirements of the reporting world. Live applications support the discussions in the text, enabling you to perform your own experiments on prebuilt applications to take your learning to new heights.
“Oracle APEX 4.2 Reporting” will help you build a well-founded understanding of Oracle APEX along with most of the reporting technologies used today. It is written with the idea of being as practical as possible so that you reap the benefits from day one.
Starting with a brief introduction to the architecture of APEX and installation to enable you to see the applications provided with the book in action, we then move on to the uses of Classic and Interactive reports and explore the advanced features of APEX. We will also explore the most widely used reporting solutions, which is then followed by a brief discussion on BPEL, which is like the glue that can gel any number of tools together. Oracle 4.2 APEX Reporting concludes with several ways of tuning an APEX application, as good performance is the heart of customer satisfaction.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with the APEX architecture, its configurations, and how to set up an APEX environment on Weblogic
- Explore the uses of the very old Classic reports and learn to implement almost all possible reporting requirements using Classic reports
- Understand and work with a number of technologies that can be freely used with APEX to help you reduce your licensing cost
- Get to know the advanced features of APEX along with a few Oracle 11g database features
- Learn about a number of techniques to tune an APEX application that will improve your customer satisfaction
“Oracle APEX 4.2 Reporting” is a practical tutorial for intermediate to advanced use, with plenty of step-by-step instructions and business scenarios for understanding and implementing the ins and outs of making reports.
Who this book is written for
“Oracle APEX 4.2 Reporting” is for you if you design or develop advanced solutions in APEX or wish to know about the advanced features of APEX. If you wish to have a 360 degree view of reporting technologies or work in a complex heterogeneous enterprise, this is a must-have.
- Paperback: 428 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849684987
- ISBN-13: 978-1849684989