Want to write applications for iOS or the Mac? This introduction to programming and the Objective-C language is the first step on your journey from someone who uses apps to someone who writes them.
Based on Big Nerd Ranch’s legendary Objective-C Bootcamp,¿this book covers C, Objective-C, and the common programming idioms that enable developers to make the most of Apple technologies.
This is the only introductory-level book written by Aaron Hillegass, one of the most experienced and authoritative voices in the iOS and Cocoa community.
Compatible with Xcode 4.2, iOS 5, and Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), this guide features short chapters and engaging style to keep you motivated and moving forward. At the same time, Aaron’s determination that you understand what you’re doing—or at least why you’re doing it—encourages you to think critically as a programmer.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Programming basics: variables, loops, functions, etc.
- Objects, classes, methods, and messages
- Pointers, addresses, and memory management
- Using Xcode, Apple’s documentation, and other tools
- Classes from the Foundation framework
- ARC and retain cycles
- Delegation, target-action, and notification design patterns
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional (October 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321706285
- ISBN-13: 978-0321706287