Objective-C Programming For Dummies
A step-by-step guide to understanding object-oriented programming with Objective-C
As the primary programming language for iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X applications, Objective-C is a reflective, object-oriented language that all programmers must know before creating apps. Assuming no prior programming language experience, this fun-and-friendly book provides you with a solid understanding of Objective-C. Addressing the latest version of Xcode, debugging, code completion, and more, veteran author Neal Goldstein helps you gain a solid foundation of this complex topic, and filters out any unnecessary intricate technical jargon.
- Assumes no prior knowledge of programming and keeps the tone clear and entertaining
- Explains complicated topics regarding Objective-C with clarity and in a straightforward-but-fun style that has defined the For Dummies brand for 20 years
- Features all material completely compliant with the latest standards for Objective-C and Apple programming
Objective-C Programming For Dummies is the ideal beginner book if your objective is to venture into iPhone, iPad, and Mac OS X development for the first time!
From the Back Cover
Learn how to turn your idea for a great app into a real, robust Objective-C application!
Objective-C is the language of apps for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Plain English is the language of this book, making it easy for you to learn how to turn your ideas into amazing apps for Apple devices! Even if you have no programming experience whatsoever, this book gives you the knowledge, skills, and confidence to create honest-to-goodness apps.
- The starting line — learn how programs work, the tools you need, and what it takes to turn an idea into a functioning program
- Step by step — start out developing a simple app and build on it as you learn additional features of Objective-C
- Learn the lingo — master the instruction set and frameworks of Objective-C
- The object of it all — understand objects, where they originate, and how to extend their behavior
- Two for one — design your application so you can plug it into user interfaces for both Macs and iOS devices
Open the book and find:
- How computer languages work
- Directions for downloading and installing the SDK
- All about variables and operators
- What objects are and all the things you do with them
- Secrets of successful debugging
- Advice on managing memory
- Steps for adding a user interface
- Ten tips for being a happy developer
- Create apps for iPhone®, iPad®, and OS X® using object-oriented programming
- Use Xcode® 4 for debugging and code completion
- Identify and eliminate errors in your programs
- Structure applications and use Objective-C syntax
- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies (October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111821398X
- ISBN-13: 978-1118213988