Objective-C for Absolute Beginners, 2nd Edition
You have a great idea for an app, but where do you begin? Objective-C is the universal language of iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps, and Objective-C for Absolute Beginners, Second Edition starts you on the path to mastering this language and its latest release.
Using a hands-on approach, you’ll learn how to think in programming terms, how to use Objective-C to construct program logic, and how to synthesize it all into working apps. Gary Bennett, an experienced app developer and trainer, will guide you on your journey to becoming a successful app developer.
If you’re looking to take the first step towards App Store success, Objective-C for Absolute Beginners is the place to start.
What you’ll learn
- The fundamentals of computer programming: how to understand variables, design data structures, and work with file systems
- The logic of object-oriented programming: how to use Classes, Objects, and Methods
- The flexibility of Apple’s developer tools: how to install Xcode and write programs in Objective-C
- The power of Cocoa and Cocoa touch: how to make Mac OS X applications or iOS apps that do cool stuff
Who this book is for
Everyone! This book is for anyone who wants to learn to develop apps for the Mac, iPhone, and iPad using the Objective-C programming language. No previous programming experience is necessary!
Table of Contents
- Becoming a Great iPhone/iPad or Mac Programmer
- Programming Basics
- It’s All About the Data
- Making Decisions About…and Planning Program Flow
- Object Oriented Programming with Objective-C
- Learning Objective-C and Xcode
- Objective-C Classes, Objects, and Methods
- Diving into Objective-C
- More Data Comparison
- Creating User Interfaces
- Storing Information
- Protocols and Delegates
- Memory, Addresses, and Pointers
- Debugging Programs with Xcode
- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 2nd Edition (December 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430236531
- ISBN-13: 978-1430236535