NOOK HD: The Missing Manual, 2nd Edition
You can do many things with NOOK HD right out of the box, but if you really want to get the most from your HD or HD+ tablet, start with this book. With clear instructions, full-color illustrations, and savvy advice from technology expert Preston Gralla, you’ll learn how to use email and the Web, watch movies and shows, play games, listen to music, and enjoy your personal ebook library.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Relax with a book. Load your NOOK library with ebooks, comics, and interactive books for kids.
- Play with apps. Enjoy the games and apps everyone’s talking about.
- Go online. Browse the Web and check your email with built-in WiFi.
- Be social. Share books and recommendations with your NOOK Friends, and Facebook and Twitter contacts.
- Take in a show. Watch movies and TV series, and listen to your favorite music anywhere.
- Read all about it. Subscribe to a variety of magazines and newspapers.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Basics
Chapter 1. Getting to Know Your NOOK HD
Chapter 2. Setting Up Your NOOK HD
Chapter 3. Using Your NOOK HD for the First Time
Chapter 4. Creating and Using Profiles
Part II: Reading Books and Periodicals
Chapter 5. Reading Books, Newspapers, Catalogs, and Magazines
Chapter 6. Reading NOOK Kids Books
Part III: Managing Your Library
Chapter 7. Buying Books, Magazines, and Newspapers and Managing Your Library
Chapter 8. Borrowing and Lending Books with LendMe and Your Local Library
Part IV: Apps, Media, and Files
Chapter 9. Streaming Media: NOOK Video, UltraViolet, Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Pandora
Chapter 10. Downloading and Using Apps
Chapter 11. Music, Pictures, Video, and Documents
Chapter 12. Transferring Files Between Your NOOK HD and Your Computer
Part V: The Web and Email
Chapter 13. Surfing the Web
Chapter 14. Using Email
Part VI: Getting Social
Chapter 15. NOOK Friends, Facebook, Twitter, and Beyond
Chapter 16. Managing Your Contacts
Part VII: Advanced Topics
Chapter 17. Settings
Chapter 18. Rooting Your NOOK
Part VIII: Appendixes
Appendix A. Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Appendix B. File Formats
Appendix C. Visiting B&N with Your NOOK Tablet
- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press; 2nd Edition (February 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449359531
- ISBN-13: 978-1449359539