To secure Node.js applications, we’ll start by helping you delve into the building blocks that make up typical Node applications. By understanding all the layers that you are building on top of, you can write code defensively and securely. In doing so, you will be able to protect your user’s data and your infrastructure, while still using the rock-star technology behind Node.js.
What you will learn from this book
- Master the origins of the Node.js and npm projects
- Understand the architecture, including the event-loop and asynchronous I/O
- Incorporate ES5’s security improvements, including strict-mode
- Add static code analysis and the code-quality it promotes
- Explore the basics of proper error-handling within Node applications
- Understand the architecture of Express and Connect
- Adapt common authentication and authorization schemes
A practical and fast-paced guide that will give you all the information you need to secure your Node applications.
Who this book is written for
- Paperback: 94 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (October 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1783281499
- ISBN-13: 978-1783281497