Nikon D600 Digital Field Guide
Everything you need to know to take amazing photos with your Nikon D600
This full-color, portable guide goes beyond the owner’s manual to deliver clear, succinct descriptions of how the Nikon D600’s features and functions work. Perfectly sized to fit in your camera bag, this portable guide offers professional advice on everything from composing a variety of shots to choosing lenses and downloading photos. Veteran author J. Dennis Thomas clearly explains how to get the exact shots you want, when you want them, and shares beautiful color photos from his own collection.
- Features step-by-step instructions and full-color images of each menu screen
- Teaches you how to adjust white balance, autofocus, exposure, and choose lenses, and when and why to use each of those settings
- Covers the essentials of lighting, composition, and exposure
- Includes a bonus gray and color checker card that allows new DSLR owners to capture perfect color in any environment.
Packed with amazing examples, Nikon D600 Digital Field Guide helps you master all the menus, modes and controls of this feature-filled dSLR, and presents you with a variety of tips and tricks to capturing portraits, candids, sports, travel, macro photography, and much more.
From the Back Cover
Take full advantage of your full-frame Nikon D600
Whether you’re a novice, an advanced hobbyist photographer, or a videographer, the D600 has features you will love. This book helps you identify, understand, and use them all. Written by a veteran photographer and designed to go everywhere in your camera bag, this full-color guide walks you through setting up your camera and using every feature in real-life situations. Here’s how to get the most from your investment in Nikon technology.
- Get acquainted with all the settings, modes, and controls
- Learn to manipulate focus, understand white balance, and use each of the 19 scene modes
- Choose the right lens for your purpose
- Shoot both still pictures and video in Live View, and master in-camera editing techniques
- Explore user settings, off-camera flash, HDR, and tone mapping
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Wiley (January 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118509307
- ISBN-13: 978-1118509302